A strong strategic is not optional, it is essential. It should not be vague but focused. It should not collect dust on a shelf, it should be at the center of everything your nonprofit does. It’s the tool to your strategy toward success and is crucial to attracting the resources needed to sustain your organization.
If your organization is struggling with staying on mission and funds and volunteers are a constant struggle, you need a memorable mission statement and a laser focused strategic plan. This 2-day workshop will give you the steps you need to create such a plan and build a stronger nonprofit.
In this workshop by Marc Hardy, Ph.D. you will learn:
- The importance of a short, memorable mission statement that you, your board, staff, funders and others will remember.
- The crucial difference between a vision and mission statement.
- The clear focus that a mission and/or vision statement gives to your decision making and board meetings.
- How to create a “theory of change” for your cause.
- The elimination method of deciding what your goals should be.
- How to develop objectives.
- The necessity of accountability.
- The timetable as a measurement and management tool.
- How to use the strategic plan as the basis for your program and organizational evaluations.
- How to use the strategic plan to help craft a case statement for funders and foundations that will resonate with them.
At the completion of the course, each participant will receive a certificate from Indiana University, South Bend and will also be awarded CEU and CPE credits.